Gluten Free Mini Pizzas
How to Make It
To make the dough combine the flour a pinch of salt yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the milk vinegar egg and gradually add the oil. Bring the mixture together with your hands to form a sticky dough. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and set aside for 1 hour until risen.
To make the topping heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic for 5-10 minutes until softened then add the tomatoes and herbs. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes until thickened. Season well.
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 190¡C fan 170¡C. Divide the dough into 8 and roll out thinly. Spread a little tomato sauce onto each base and top with the mozzarella cubes. Transfer the pizzas to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- 200g gluten and wheat-free plain white flour blend
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp easy bake yeast
- 160ml warm milk
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- For the margherita topping
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely sliced
- 3tsp (heaped) dried Italian or mixed herbs
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mozzarella cut into cubes