Chicken Fajita & Salsa
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4
To make the salsa - combine the onion, tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken, paprika, chilli powder, cumin and oregano and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven for 5 minutes.
In each tortilla add some chicken mixture into the centre with a couple of tablespoons of salsa and some shredded lettuce. Roll up and serve.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper thinly sliced,
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch mild chilli powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 wholemeal tortillas
- 1/4 Iceberg lettuce finely shredded
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove crushed,
- Black pepper to taste