How to Make It
Heat the oil in a large saucepan add the onions garlic carrots and courgette. Fry until vegetables are soft and fragrant (about 3 minutes). Add the beef and fry until browned. Add the tomato paste pour in the wine and boil until it has reduced and thickened. Reduce heat and stir in the Passata vegetable stock powder (or salt) and oregano.
Cover pan with a lid and simmer until the sauce has thickened stirring occasionally (about 20-30 minutes). Turn off heat add the cooking cream (or milk) and stir until combined.
Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain add 2 ladlefuls of the sauce and mix until pasta is covered. Divide between 6 serving dishes top with extra sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Cook the garlic bread and serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 courgette grated
- 500 g extra lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 80 ml red wine (optional)
- 1 x 700g bottle Passata Cooking Sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons low fat cream (or low fat milk)
- Handful of freshly chopped parsley
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
- 1 x 500g packet spaghetti
- Salt for the pasta cooking water
- 6 slices of garlic bread