How to Make It
Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3½. Pour the tea into a large bowl and stir in the figs sultanas and oats. Set aside to soak.
Meanwhile line the base and sides of a 1kg loaf tin with baking parchment. Mix together the flour baking powder nuts and seeds. Beat the egg into the cooled fruit mixture then stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Pour into the tin then level the top and scatter with the extra nuts and sesame seeds.
Bake for 1 hr then cover the top with foil and bake for 15 mins more until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the tin to cool but leave the parchment on until cold. Cut into slices spread with ricotta and serve with fruit. Will keep in the fridge for 1 month or freeze in slices.
- 400ml hot strong black tea
- 100g dried fig hard stalks removed thinly sliced
- 140g sultana
- 50g porridge oat
- 200g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g mixed nuts (almonds
- hazelnuts) plus 50g for the topping
- 1 tbsp golden linseed
- 1 tbsp sesame seed plus 2 tsp to sprinkle
- 25g pumpkin seed
- 1 large egg
- 25g ricotta per person
- 1 orange or green apple thickly sliced per person