How to Make It
Mix together the black bean sauce, sweet chilli sauce, oil and ginger in a large shallow dish. Add the tofu and gently turn it until coated in the marinade. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to gas 6 200°C fan 180°C. Heat the oil in a large roasting tray then carefully arrange the tofu in the tray and roast for 25 mins turning once until golden and slightly crisp.
Meanwhile toast the sesame seeds in a pan for a few minutes shaking frequently until golden brown.
Once cooked divide the tofu between 4 bowls. Scatter the spring onions, sesame seeds and chilli over the tofu before serving.
- 6 tbsp black bean stir-fry sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1.5cm (¾ inch) piece ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1x 396g pack tofu drained well and patted dry cut into 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 spring onions finely chopped diagonally
- 1 medium-sized chilli seeded and diced