Tuna rice salad
How to Make It
The cooked rice will have probably clumped together so break it up in a large mixing bowl. Flake in the tuna then mix in the peas peppers tomatoes spring onions parsley and olives if you’re using them.
Stir through the mayonnaise lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. Cover the bowl with cling film or place in a large plastic container and let your household serve themselves whenever they are hungry.
- Approx 900g cold cooked rice (about 400g uncooked rice)
- 400g tuna in springwater
- 200g frozen petits pois defrosted
- 2 red peppers peeled with a potato peeler deseeded and diced
- 3 tomatoes chopped into small chunks
- 5 spring onions finely sliced
- Bunch flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Large handful stoned green olives roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil